Sunday, April 28, 2013

15 weeks



This week was very busy! It always gets this way at the end of the school year. It seems there is always something to do or somewhere to go. One thing that kept me busy this week was RHS soccer tryouts. Usually it's not too stressful, but I'm the only coach left and it was all on me to plan and execute the tryout. Luckily, a few of my graduating seniors came out and helped. I don't know what I would have done without these wonderful ladies. It times like those that I am going to miss. I love being able to invest in these girls and just be there for them. However, I know that giving it up means that I will be able to invest even more time into my own child. And that is what is most important. Even though teaching and coaching have been my ministry, my prayer has been that God would open up new ways for me to invest in others.

As for this pregnancy:

Symptoms: the main problem this week had been sinus problems. I don't usually get sick like this, and if I do, I can take any medicine I want. This has resulted in some serious headaches. I'm going to the doctor this week and will discuss this with her. But I think it's just a sinus thing associated with spring and exaggerated by pregnancy. I also experienced swollen fingers this week, which freaked me out! Next time I'll have to take a picture and post it.

Cravings: anything salty (which I realize doesn't help the swollen fingers. Haha!)

Baby development: Baby Whitlock is growing eyebrows and eyelashes. Also, tiny bones in his/her ears are in place and the baby can likely hear voices! I guess it's time to start cleaning up our speech at home! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment