Saturday, April 13, 2013

13 weeks



I made it through the first trimester! Hooray! I'm already feeling like I've gained more energy.

Symptoms: I struggled this week with joint pain but I'm not sure if that is from my body changing or from the sudden rainy/cold day we had this week. I'm still trying to run, but I'm not sure I'm going to last much longer because of the knee pain. My plan is to keep running through the school year and then swim at the Tech pool this summer. Hopefully I can keep it up until then.

Maternity clothes: I still haven't purchased any maternity clothes, although I think I'm starting to show a little and my pants are getting more and more snug. I'm sure in a couple of weeks the belly band is not going to be enough! We plan to make a trip to Baton Rouge to visit my parents and go to Destination Maternity in the next month. I'll probably try and buy a few new things then.

Cravings: Loving milk, fruit, yogurt, and anything salty. On my way home from school one day this week, I had to stop at the grocery store and buy a book of Cheezits. Yummy! I also have been enjoying mozzarella sticks from Sonic.

Aversions: Cooking! haha

Project nursery: I haven't done any nursery planning this week and we still haven't bought anything for the baby. I guess there just hasn't been anything I have felt I must have or can't wait to buy. I've been looking at gliders online and think I may have settled on the same one Todd and Brandi have. Dustin and I both like it but we are just unsure of what color we want.

I think once school is over I will be much more motivated to get some baby stuff done. To be honest, I'm really just not too worried about it. Everything will come together and I'll have plenty of time this summer to get registered and fix up the baby's room. I thought that being pregnant in the summer would be horrible, (although the heat will be awful) but it will give me a lot of time to get things ready since I won't be stressed about school. Until then, I'm just trying to finish the school year strong and dedicated.

As for Baby Whitlock:

The baby is starting to sprout hair! But not just on the head. It's growing all over for warmth. And even though I can't feel it, the baby is literally leaping and bounding!

No comments:

Post a Comment