Saturday, April 6, 2013

12 weeks: Baby is the size of a plum



This week, I went to the doctor and got to hear the baby's heart beat again! It was very reassuring to hear because between 7 weeks and 11 weeks, I started to get a little paranoid about the pregnancy. Not that I had any reason to be, but it just doesn't seem real sometimes.

My appointment went really well and here are some Baby Whitlock updates:

Heart Rate: 182

Gender: Unknown - the doctor said she was tempted to take a peak because the baby was positioned really well on the ultrasound. However, we have decided to wait until the birth to find out if it is a boy or girl. Or at least we are going to try!

Movement: none yet.

Baby's development: This week, Baby Whitlock's intestines are moving from the umbilical cord to their permanent home in his/her abdomen. Also developing this week is the baby's vocal chords!

Project nursery: We started looking for paint. I'm doing a neutral room, but not the all brown or white type of neutral. Right now I think we are going to paint the room a green color, but there are so many choices! I've already picked out the bedding and it has many different colors and will look cute however I paint the walls. I'm not too concerned about the nursery, just as long as everything is safe and comfortable. I'm pretty easy going...if you didn't already know...

 Paint colors on the wall


 Some books to get the baby's library started!

How I'm changing: No maternity clothes yet, however, I did purchase a belly band about a week ago and it is so awesome! My jeans are getting tighter and the belly band has made them so much more comfortable to wear.
I also weighed-in at my appointment this week and am happy to say that I have not gained any weight yet. It sure doesn't seem that way, especially with my clothes getting tighter. But I think I haven't gained any weight yet because 1) I wasn't super thin to begin with and 2) I have been exercising regularly and eating a more balanced diet. I can't say that I'm always eating right (Dominos pizza for dinner last night) but I'm trying to stay away from the "you're eating for two" lifestyle.


No comments:

Post a Comment