Sunday, May 12, 2013

17 weeks!



How far along: 17 weeks and 3 days - 2nd trimester - only 22 weeks and 4 days to go!

Gender: Unknown until birth

Movement: I know this little peanut is twisting, kicking, and punching but I still have not felt any movement yet. This is probably what I'm looking forward to the most.

Symptoms: I'm getting over my sinus problems, but I'm still a little stuffy. Other than that, the only pregnancy symptom I have is an ever increasing waist!

Craving: I'm not really craving anything...boring, right?

Looking forward to:
- feeling the baby move
- our next ultrasound will be in a few weeks and it is what they called "the big" ultrasound. I can't wait to see our little one moving and to see him/her up close! Hopefully, he/she won't be camera shy...

Weekly development:
- Baby can yawn and hiccup!
- Baby's nervous system is maturing rapidly at this time.
- Nerves are forming more complex connections and the nerves in the brain are specializing into the ones that serve the senses of touch, taste, smell, and hearing.

Random updates:
- I purchased my first baby item today: The Diaper Bag. It will probably come in later this week and I'll post a picture next week.
- No progress on the nursery...
- Only 7 more school days left. I can do anything for 7 days...

And last, but not the least:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you mommas out there! Especially my mom! Thanks for everything you have done for me and continue to do! Hope your day is wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Kelsey!! How exciting :-)

    -Darien Dabney

    ReplyDelete